22 Best business to start in your garage
Don’t know what to do with your garage? Your garage is just sitting there collecting dust. You know you need to clean it out but don’t know what to use it for.
Why not turn it into your very own business workshop? There are plenty of great businesses that it can start in your garage. Check out the list below to see 22 of the best!
How can you get started with your own business in your garage?
Table of Contents
You can start in your garage if you want to start your own business but don’t have much money to invest. You can use your garage as a workspace and storage area for your business.
You’ll need to get a business license and insurance, and you’ll need to follow any zoning regulations in your area. If you’re willing to work, you can start your own business in your garage.
24 Best business to start in your garage
We all know that starting a business can be a daunting task, and finding the right location is a major part of that process.
But what if you don’t have the money to rent office space or are just not ready to commit to a long-term lease?
That’s where your garage comes in. Starting a business in your garage may not be the traditional route, but it can be a great way to get your business up and running without breaking the bank.
And in some cases, it can even lead to big things down the road. Just ask Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. So, if you’re thinking of starting a business and don’t have a lot of space or money to work with, here are 24 of the best businesses you can start in your garage:
1. Start a candle business
If you’re looking for a creative and unique way to make extra money, starting a candle business in your garage is the perfect solution! This is one of the best business ventures to start from home, but it’s also an extremely low-cost investment with many upside potentials.
There are a few key things you’ll need to get started:
A supply of high-quality candles: You can buy these wholesale or make them yourself.
A way to market and sell your candles: is to set up an online store or sell at local craft fairs. A bit of creativity and business acumen! You can quickly turn your candle business into a highly profitable endeavour with little effort.
2. Start an online t-shirt business.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy business to start in your garage, then an online t-shirt business could be great. With just a few supplies and some basic design skills, you can sell custom t-shirts right away.
You’ll need to invest in some quality t-shirt printing supplies to get started. Once you have your supplies, you can start designing and printing your shirts.
You can create an online store or list them on a marketplace like Etsy to sell your shirts. You can quickly build up a successful online t-shirt business with effort.
3. Become a social media consultant
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own business? If so, becoming a social media consultant may be the perfect business. There are many reasons why starting a social media consulting business in your garage is excellent.
- First: it is a relatively low-cost business to start. You won’t need to spend money on office space or hire employees.
- You’ll be able to help businesses grow and succeed by using your social media expertise.
- As a social media consultant, you’ll be able to work from anywhere. You can live and work anywhere you want.
- Lastly, you’ll have the flexibility to set your hours and work as much or as little.
If you’re looking for a business that you can start quickly and easily with little overhead, becoming a social media consultant is perfect.
So, what does it take to be a successful social media consultant?
First and foremost, you need to be an expert in social media. You should know all the ins and outs of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media platforms businesses use. Additionally, you need to be able to communicate with clients effectively.
You’ll need to be able to explain social media concepts so that they can understand and see the value in what you’re offering.
Finally, you need to be organized and have a good marketing plan. You’ll need to set up social media accounts for your business and promote your services.
If you have the skills and knowledge necessary to be a successful social media consultant, then there’s no reason why you can’t start your business in your garage today.
4. Start a woodworking business.
If you’re passionate about woodworking and have the necessary skills, starting your own woodworking business right from your garage is a great way to make extra income or even go full-time.
Before you get started, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Ensure you have the proper licenses and permits before starting your business: Check with your local city or county clerk’s office to find out what you need.
- Invest in quality tools and equipment: This will help you produce high-quality products that your customers will be happy with.
- Create a marketing plan: Spread the word about your business by setting up a website, handing out business cards, and advertising in local publications.
- Stay organized: Keep your garage clean and tidy, and ensure all of your supplies are correctly labelled and stored. This will help you stay efficient and avoid wasted time (and material) looking for things.
- Offer excellent customer service: Always be polite and helpful to your customers, and go above and beyond to make sure they’re happy with their purchase.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to starting a successful woodworking business right from your garage.
5. Start a jewelry-making business.
If you have a knack for making jewelry, why not start your own business? You can easily start a jewelry-making business in your garage with just a few tools and materials.
You will need some basic jewelry-making supplies like beads, wire, clasps, and findings to get started. You can find all of these supplies at your local craft store. Once you have your supplies, you will need to set up a workspace. A small table or desk will do just fine.
Next, you will need to start marketing your jewelry business. You can set up a website or blog or sell your jewelry at local craft fairs and markets. You can also get your jewelry featured in local boutiques and shops.
With a little hard work and dedication, you can quickly start a successful jewelry-making business right from your garage!
6. Become a software developer
If you’re passionate about software development and want to be your boss, starting a software development business from your garage is a great way to achieve your goals.
By becoming a software developer, you’ll be able to create the products and services you’re passionate about and work on them full-time from your own home.
Plus, as a software developer, you’ll have the potential to earn a high income by selling your services to others.
7. Start a clothing blog business.
You can start a clothing blog business right from your garage. You need a computer, an internet connection, and some basic blogging skills.
There are many ways to make money from a clothing blog. You can sell advertising space, become an affiliate for other fashion businesses, or even sell your clothing line.
Starting a clothing blog is a great way to share your love of fashion with the world and make some extra money on the side. All you need is a little bit of time and effort, and you can be up and running in no time.
8. Start a podcast
Are you passionate about a particular subject? Do you have something to say that you think others would find interesting? If so, starting a podcast could be the perfect business for you.
All you need to get started is a computer, some recording equipment, and a little bit of time each week. You can record your podcast in your garage and then distribute it online for people to listen to.
If you build up a large enough audience, you could even start charging for access to your episodes. So if you’re looking for a creative and affordable business, consider creating a podcast.
9. Become a business coach
If you’re looking to start your own business but don’t have much money to invest, becoming a business coach could be the perfect solution.
You can start this business right from your garage and with very little overhead. You need a telephone, internet connection, and some basic office supplies. As a business coach, you’ll be helping others to start and grow their businesses. This is the ideal business for you.
Suppose you’re motivated by a desire to assist others in realizing their goals. This can be a very rewarding career, both financially and personally.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re thinking about becoming a business coach:
For starters, you’ll need to know about starting and running a business. Having a good understanding of the various aspects of business, such as marketing, finance, and operations. Its key to be familiar with the different available resources to help businesses grow.
Effective communication is pretty important with your clients. So being able to listen to their goals and objectives and then providing them with the tools and resources they need to achieve those goals. You’ll also need to be able to give feedback and offer constructive criticism.
Excellent planning and detail-oriented skills are crucial. As a business coach, you’ll be working with many different clients, and you’ll need to be able to keep track of all of their information. This means keeping files organized and ensuring that everything is properly in place.
Patience. Starting a business can be exciting, but it can also be very challenging. You’ll need to be able to work with your clients through the ups and downs and help them stay focused on their goals.
Becoming a business coach in your garage could be the perfect career choice if you have these qualities. This is a great way to get started in your own business, and it can be enriching. So, if you’re ready to take the next step, consider becoming a business coach.
10. Start a watch brand.
Assuming you have some experience in the watch industry and a bit of business acumen, starting a watch brand from your garage is not as crazy as it sounds. With the advent of social media and e-commerce, it’s easier than ever to get started.
There are a few key things you’ll need to do to get started:
- Research your niche and target market.
- Find a watch manufacturer who can produce quality products at a reasonable price.
- Create a strong branding strategy.
- Invest in digital marketing and social media outreach.
- Get creative with your sales and distribution channels.
You can turn your garage-based watch brand into a thriving business with hard work and dedication.
Start online courses on business.
Suppose you’re passionate about teaching others and have some expertise to share. In that case, starting an online courses business from your home garage is a great way to earn some extra income. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to get started.
Several online platforms allow you to create and sell your courses, such as Udemy and Skillshare. You can also promote your courses on your website or blog.
To make your courses more attractive to potential students, offer unique content unavailable elsewhere. You can also offer discounts and special promotions to entice people to sign up for your courses.
With some effort and dedication, you can build a successful online courses business right from your garage.
11. Start a niche web design business.
The internet is a powerful tool that can reach a global audience. If you have a talent for web design, you can start a niche business right from your garage.
There are many opportunities for web designers to find work. You can start by offering your services to local businesses. Once you have some experience, you can create your own web design business.
There are a few things you need to know before starting your own web design business:
Ability to create responsive designs that look good on all devices.
Excellent communication skills are a must. You will need to be able to explain your designs to clients and answer their questions properly to their satisfaction.
Starting your own web design business is a great way to make a living doing something you love. With a little hard work and dedication, you can build a successful business that will provide you with a steady income.
12. Music teacher
As a music teacher, you can start your business in your garage. This is a great way to get started without spending a lot of money renting space. You can also use this space to store your musical instruments and equipment. This will save you money on storage fees.
To start your business, you will need to have a teaching license. You can get this from your local music school.
Once you have your license, you can start advertising your services. You can do this by putting up flyers in your neighbourhood.
You can also create a website for your business. You can use this website to sell your services and promote your business. This will help you reach a wider audience.
If you are passionate about music and teaching, starting your own music teacher business in your garage is a great way.
13. Personal trainer
If you’re passionate about fitness and helping others reach their health and wellness goals, starting a personal trainer business from your garage is a great way to turn your passion into a profitable venture.
Before you get started, there are a few things you need to know to set up your business for success:
To start: you’ll need to create a business plan. This will help you map out your goals, determine your start-up costs, and establish how you’ll market your business. Once you have a solid plan in place, you can start to promote your training services.
To attract clients: offer free consultations or discounted rates for new customers. You can also create a website or social media profile for your business to help you reach a wider audience.
As your client base grows: you may need additional trainers to help with sessions. If you have the space, you can also consider renting out a portion of your garage to other fitness professionals to use as their training studio.
You can launch a successful personal trainer business right from your garage by following these tips.
14. Daycare operator
You may be able to open a daycare business in your garage if you have the appropriate zoning in place.
Talk to your local zoning office to determine what is necessary for your area. You will need to make sure that your garage is large enough to accommodate the number of children you plan on caring for and that it is safe and clean. You will also need to have the necessary insurance in place.
Opening a daycare business in your garage can be a great way to earn extra income, but you need to make sure that you are ready to go for the challenges that come with it.
It is important to research your area’s regulations and create a safe and welcoming environment for the children in your care. You can be a successful daycare operator in your garage with some planning and preparation.
15. Crafts business
You don’t need a lot of space to start a business. You can start a business right in your garage!
Here are some tips for starting a crafts business in your garage:
- Make sure you have enough space to work: You’ll need enough space to store materials, tools, and finished products.
- Keep your workspace clean and organized: A messy garage will make it challenging to work and lead to accidents.
- Invest in some basic supplies: You’ll need paints, brushes, glues, etc., depending on the type of crafts you make.
- Get creative with storage: If you don’t have a lot of space, get creative with how you store things. Use bins, shelves, and other organizational tools to maximize your space.
- Promote your business: Let people know you’re open for business! You can do this by passing out flyers, putting up signs, or even creating a website or social media page.
You can turn your garage into a successful crafts business with these tips!
16. Car detailing business
You may think that car detailing is a luxury and not something everyone can afford. But what if we told you that you could start your car detailing business right in your garage?
With just a few supplies and some elbow grease, you can start offering professional-grade car detailing services to your friends, family, and even your neighbours.
So, what do you need to get started? First, let’s take a look at the supplies you’ll need:
- A pressure washer: This is perhaps the most important tool for car detailing. A pressure washer will help you remove all the dirt, grime, and pollen that has built up on your car’s exterior.
- A polisher: A polisher will help you bring the shine back to your car’s paint job.
- A wax: Waxing your car will help protect the paint and make it easier to clean in the future.
- Microfiber towels: These towels are great for drying your car after you’ve washed it.
- A vacuum: A vacuum is essential for cleaning the inside of your car.
17. Start a soap business.
Making soap is a fun and rewarding hobby that can turn into a profitable business. With a bit of know-how and some basic equipment, you can start making soap in your garage.
Soapmaking is a great way to create natural, healthy products for yourself and your family. And, with a few simple ingredients and a little elbow grease, you can make beautiful, handcrafted soaps to sell.
If you’re interested in starting a soapmaking business, there are a few things you’ll need to get started.
First: you’ll need to choose a soapmaking method. There are several methods for making soap, but the most common is the cold process method.
Next: you’ll need to gather your supplies. For cold process soapmaking, you’ll need a variety of oils, fats, and lye. You’ll also need some basic equipment, like a soap mould, a stick blender, and measuring cups and spoons.
Once you have your supplies and equipment, you’re ready to start your garage’s soapmaking business!
18. Consultants business
You may be surprised to know that you can start a consulting business right from your garage.
Anyone who dreams of being their boss and doing their work from home will love this option.
It would help if you kept in mind a few things when starting a consulting business from your garage. First, you will need to create a business plan.
This will help you determine your start-up costs, marketing strategy, and financial goals. You will also need to obtain the necessary licenses and permits from your local government.
Next, you will need to build a client base. You can do this by networking with other businesses in your area or advertising your services online or local publications. Once you have a few clients, you can start working from your garage and earn an income.
If you are looking for a way to be your boss and work from home, starting a consultant’s business in your garage is a great option.
19. Antique seller
Opening an antique seller business can be a great way to earn extra income while doing something you love. But before you get started, there are a few things you need to know.
Here’s what you need to do to start an antique seller business in your garage.
- First: you need to find some good sources for antiques. You can find them at garage sales, estate sales, and even online.
- Then you need to research the value of the items you find. This way, you’ll know how much to charge for them.
- Set up a display in your garage once you have a few items. This can be as simple as a table or shelf.
- Advertise your business: You can do this by putting up flyers in your neighbourhood or online.
- 5. Finally: once you start making sales, keep track of your inventory and prices to continue to make a profit.
Opening an antique seller business in your garage can be a great way to make extra income. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to success!
20. Yoga instructor
Starting a yoga instructor business in your garage can be a great way to get your feet wet in the industry without investing a lot of money upfront.
Plus, it can be a great way to build up a clientele and get experience teaching before branching out into other locations.
Here are some tips on how to get started:
- First, you’ll need to create a space conducive to yoga practice: This means finding a room or area in your garage that is free from distractions and has enough space for you to set up mats and props. You may also consider investing in some soundproofing materials to help keep the noise down for your neighbours.
- Once you have a space set up: you’ll need to stock it with yoga mats, props, and other supplies. You can find these items at most sporting goods stores or online.
- The next step is to create a class schedule and start marketing your business. You can use word-of-mouth, flyers, or online directories to get the word out.
- Once you start getting students: it’s important to create a rapport and maintain a professional relationship with them. This will help ensure they return for more classes and recommend your services to others.
With these tips, you can easily get started teaching yoga in your garage. Create a comfortable and inviting space, stock it with the necessary supplies, and market your business effectively to attract students.
21. Furniture upcycle
If you’re creative and love furniture, starting furniture upcycle business in your garage is a great way to make extra money. You can take old, worn-out furniture and give it new life by refinishing it, reupholstering it, or repurposing it into something entirely different.
To get started, you’ll need to gather some supplies and tools. You’ll also need to find furniture to upcycle once you have everything you need. The sky is the limit with what you can create.
Starting a furniture upcycle business in your garage is an excellent option if you’re looking for a creative and rewarding way to make extra money. You can take old, tired furniture and give it new life with a bit of elbow grease. Best of all, you’ll be doing something you love.
22. Start a resume writing business.
This is a great way to make some extra money while helping people improve their chances of getting hired. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. You can start by advertising your services on online job boards or social media. Once you build up a clientele, you can start charging more for your services.
If you have a knack for writing, you can also start a freelance writing business. This can be a great way to make money from home, and you can set your rates. You can find clients by advertising your services online or contacting local businesses directly.
It can run these businesses from your garage, so you don’t need to worry about renting office space. And, you can set your hours and work as little or as much as you want.
So, if you’re looking for a way to make some extra money, consider starting a resume writing business from your garage. It’s a great way to help people and make some extra cash simultaneously.
What are the benefits of starting a business in your garage?
Garage businesses can be a great way to make extra money and have fun doing it. These businesses are easy to start, but they also have a lot of growth potential.
Here are six benefits of starting a garage business:
- You can start and run your business from your home or garage, which is ideal if you have limited space or time.
- Garage businesses are generally cost-effective and easy to set up and run.
- They offer an opportunity to work with customers in your neighbourhood or community, which can be a great way to build relationships and networks.
- Garage businesses can be highly creative and original, giving you the ability to develop your unique style and approach.
- You can start a garage business with minimal investment, and you don’t have to spend money on a storefront or building.
- Garage businesses are ideal for self-motivated people who enjoy working with their hands and have a passion for creating something unique.
Conclusion to Best business to start in your garage
Starting a business in your garage can be a great way to start entrepreneurship. You can start many businesses right from your garage, and with a little hard work and determination, you can be on your way to success. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!